AnoxKaldnes’ Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) solution is a biological process where biofilm grows on carriers suspended in the wastewater. The system removes pollutants in a compact and robust way. It is used across almost all sectors of municipal and industrial markets.
MBBR is a stand-alone system which means there is no need for sludge recirculation, leaving only surplus biomass to be removed through downstream separation technology.
Reactors may be used for aerobic, anoxic or anaerobic processes. MBBR technology offers the following advantages:
- Compact footprint
- Simple to operate
- Flexibility in choosing downstream separation
- Robust and stable with influent changes
- Easy to retrofit to existing infrastructure
AnoxKaldnes MBBR is commonly applied in:
- Small or remote operation municipalities
- Upgrade or retrofit of medium-sized plants looking to increase performance
- Tertiary applications where effluent quality is a priority
- Drinking water applications for low concentration removals
- Large plants requiring a minimum footprint
- Industries where production changes challenge conventional treatment
- Industries where simple operation and robustness provide added security
- Industries where complex compounds require advanced treatment
A packaged MBBR solution is suited to certain municipal or industrial applications. These cases are often characterized by small flows, seasonal operations, or remote locations.
AnoxKaldnes is a trusted partner who understands the intricacies of a biological process and has expert knowledge over the entire supply chain. Ask us for information about the more than 1,200 references we have worked with over 30 years.